Monday, December 27, 2004

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

(Thoughts on watching this movie for the second time, on our newly-purchased DVD.)

This is an excellent and dark film that, unusually for fantasy mysteries, includes a favorite touch of mine from Back to the Future II (hope that isn't too much of a spoiler). If I had read the book more than once it's possible I might be offended by the differences between book and film, but I haven't, so I'm ok ;-). While I give tremendous credit to the cast and crew of this film (and I'd like to add to the praise of director Alfonso Cuarón, who unfortunately won't be directing the next film in this series), I'm with the overflowing ranks of the literate who also give tremendous credit to J. K. Rowling for doing such an excellent and dark fantasy that also works as a fair mystery (i.e., the clues are there for you to find them).
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?