Friday, July 23, 2004

A metablogging comment

Last night at the SFDG meeting, I was somewhat surprised when Ignacio and Kate complained that it had been more than a week since I'd posted here. I was surprised that (a) it had been so long, and (b) anybody was watching my blog so closely. So, Ignacio and Kate, here's a new entry ;-).

As I mentioned last night, I'm somewhat surprised to find out that entries here tend to deal with things that are above a certain interest/importance threshhold to me—but below another threshhold. Ok, so I'm not surprised that I won't go to the trouble of authoring an entry about something that I didn't care much about (and more to the point, that I'm not worried about remembering), but I'm mildly surprised to find out that things that are very important to me don't get entries in a timely fashion here because I'm afraid that doing them justice will take too much effort.

Let me mention a few in passing, as stubs: There's the single most important upcoming life-changing event, announced last night at the SFDG. On a less significant note, there are two works of art that I recently experienced that had a huge impact: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (fourth in the series) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season Six. If I find the energy, I'll write (much) more about these two, but for now, I'll just say that I highly recommend them. Even though I had some problems with the latter (and I don't know how much I can say, given my strong preference to avoid spoilers here), both will reward your time more amply than most anything else out there. In My Horseheaded Opinion, of course.

Comments:
Yeah, about time you posted something, Raja! Of course my blogger page has not been updated for over two years, so I wasn't going to be the first to complain.

You have inspired Laura to start her own Blog!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?